Why Stringybark Makes For A Great Wooden Floor
Stringybark (S/bark) is a hardwood blend/combination of eucalyptus tree varieties, native to different areas of New South Wales. The texture of this wood is moderately fine and even with a nice straight grain. It is a light coloured blend ranging from pale yellow through to golden and light browns. The colour of the floorboards will generally lighten up a dull room.
The advantages of using Stringybark are as followed. By selecting this wood group you are taking on a range of different hardwood species, this will reduce the overall cost of the product, as you get cheaper timber along with more expensive ones.
The quality of Stringybark timber remains high due to the fact they are all durable, resilient and very strong hardwoods. As you have different wood types, the floorboards have all different colours and grain structures. This leads to flooring that is totally unique and beautiful.
The Stringybark Hardwood Species
- Blackdown S/bark is a durable native Australian hardwood, suitable for a range of engineering and construction applications
- Brown S/bark is a moderately durable Australian hardwood, used in general building construction and for fuel.
- Red S/bark is a moderately durable hardwood species native to southeast Australia. It is used in a variety of applications, including light construction, engineering and cabinetmaking.
- Silvertop S/bark is a native Australian hardwood species. The wood is often used in a variety of engineering and construction applications, including posts and sleepers, flooring and decking, structural plywood and glue-laminated members.
- White S/bark is an Australian native species. This hardwood is suitable for a wide range of applications, from general building to wharf/jetty and bridge construction, boat building, outdoor furniture and turnery.
- Yellow Stringybark is a hardwood species found along the south coast of New South Wales. It is used for floors, decking, heavy construction and structural applications.
These Hardwood Are Suitable For These Applications
- Exterior Rails and Balustrades
- Exterior Stairs
- Interior Rails and Balustrades
- Structural Wood
- Poles, Posts and Pylons