Why Choose Hardwood Flooring Over Tiles Or Carpet?
There are many reasons why people choose hardwood timber flooring over tiles or carpet. Overtime, no other flooring material, weather it be natural or man-made, has the lasting beauty and sheer durability of a solid hardwood floor.
Hardwood, tongue and groove strip flooring has been used as a stylish floor covering and it is as popular today as it was in the past.
Features and Benefits of Hardwood Floors
- Insulation and warmth underneath feet unlike tiles.
- Solid hardwood floors is allergy free
- Extremely easy to clean and maintain
- A long lasting floor covering that can be refinished many times
- The classic style of solid hardwood makes it virtually fashion-proof.
- The environmental choice – wood is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources
- A wood sub-floor gives easy access to the underfloor for plumbing, ducted heating or electrical re-wiring
Tongue and groove floorboards are designed to be laid directly onto joists, battens over concrete, or even nailed onto the old floor and provides a tight plank-to-plank fit. As with any wooden product, it will be effected by changes in the moisture content of the air. It is highly recommend that the wood has time to dry out and acclimatised to its new environment. This will help reduce any movement once the floorboards are laid. The best thing about a hardwood floor is that it can handle foot traffic as soon as it is laid.
Timber Yard Sydney stocks a large range of affordable and premium hardwood floor products. We have a hardwood that will match every situation and budget. (Highlight the wood of your choice to see further details.)
If you have any question please call us on Unfortunately we are not attending calls at the moment or fill in the Contact Us form with your details and we will contact you, ASAP.